This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Whether you’re a small business owner who is trying to save money on costly phone conference equipment and software, or you just need to get several family members together on the phone to talk about the upcoming family reunion — I’ll bet you can think of at least once when you could’ve used a phone conferencing platform.
I know I can!
With companies trying to save money and individuals needing the convenience of quick conference calling to get everyone on the same page, there are lots of FREE phone conferencing services now available online.
The cool thing about all of these services (beyond the fact that they’re FREE) is that you don’t have to deal with customer service people or download any software to your computer to be able to set up a conference call!
I’m going to share with you what I think are the 5 best FREE options for making conference calls:
This service is without a doubt the king of FREE phone conferencing services.
All you have to do is sign up on their website and you’ll instantly be emailed a conference call number, as well as a bridge number and a moderator pin number.
Here are the benefits of using Free Conference Calling:
- One conference call can accommodate up to 250 people for up to 6 hours at a time.
- You can record your conference call for free and you have the ability to manage the calls online.
- Just provide the phone number, the bridge number, and what time & date to call to your team, and you’re all set.
Then you call in at the specified date and time, punch in the bridge code when prompted, and you have 6 hours to complete your conference call.
It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Here’s a testimonial from someone else who has used Free Conference Calling:
Most of the challenges I had with this service was nervousness. The directions are quite clear and helpful. I like that I can access and use this service with or without my computer. My client was very happy with the recording. I’m much more comfortable with using this after one time so I’ll be using it again soon. Thanks bunches! Source
#2 – Free Conference Call
This is the next one that I would choose, if I were needing to do a phone conference — and if Free Conference Calling (above) was not available for some reason.
After you provide your name and e-mail address, they send you a dedicated phone number and access code to access their conference calling system.
Here are the benefits of using Free Conference Call:
- One conference call can accommodate 96 people per call, and your call can last 6 hours.
- There is no limit to the number of 6-hour conference calls you can make. So, if the first 6 hours wasn’t long enough, you could just set up another conference call — even in the same day if you wanted to.
- They record your conference call for free — so you you can archive, distribute, or send the recording to others as you see fit.
Another good review from someone who’s used Free Conference Call:
I really appreciate the ease of FreeConferenceCall.com I started off helping another company and we used FreeConferenceCall.com so since it was free and loved everything about it. I signed my company up to use it too we plan family reunion things as well as business related. I was impressed with the screen sharing service, also with customer service if you have any problems with anything they are courteous and very helpful!! Thank you!! Source
#3 – Join.me
Scheduling meetings with Join.me is as easy as 1-2-3!
Here’s all you have to do to use Join.me for your next conference call:
- Set a meeting with the Join.me scheduler or directly from Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Send out your invitations to those who will be in on the call.
- Start your call with a single click, sit back and enjoy the ride.
A testimonial from someone who uses Join.me:
We need a tool that is fast, reliable and easy to use. The intuitive nature and fast start time of Join.me make our daily product development meetings much more productive and effective, while opening the doors for more ad hoc collaboration sessions between teams. The fact that those benefits come with an incredibly competitive price made the switch to Join.me an easy decision. Source
#4 – UberConference
UberConference (by Dialpad) is FREE for unlimited calls with all main features.
Every free account gets 10 callers maximum per conference call, but you can upgrade to a paid plan that gets you up to 100 participants per phone conference.
Here’s why I like UberConference:
- It adds a visual dimension and smart contact integration to audio conferencing.
- I’m able to invite and automatically authenticate callers based on contact information.
- I can see the people in the conference and who is speaking from any computer.
- It’s easy to control calls with features like mute, record, and more.
Another glowing review from someone who has used UberConference:
We recommend UberConference as the best free conference call service because it’s by far the easiest to use (for both you and call participants), plus they offer many useful integrations and bonus features like free call recording and video screen sharing. Source
This phone conferencing service is bare bones — but it’s still is good because it’s FREE.
After all, what you’re probably looking for with a phone conference service is a free one so you can save money on equipment and software, right?
One example of how bare bones this one is lies in the fact that there is no ability to record your conference call at all.
However, Free Phone Conference does provide:
- An unlimited number of 6-hour conference calls — so you don’t have to worry if you need to schedule say 3 conference calls or more a month.
- Hosting for up to 96 people on each call.
One final thing to keep in mind is that none of these services gives you an 800 number for your conference call. So, you may incur long-distance charges. But since most people have flat fee services these days (so you don’t pay for long-distance by the minute anymore), this probably won’t be too much of a problem for most people.
In my opinion, the first 2 phone conference platforms on this list offer the most bang for your buck. But all 5 are really reputable services.
If you’ve tried any of these, or had good luck with other conference call services, let us know in the comments below.
Other Good Conference Call Services
In addition to the links I’ve included above, here are some honorable mention phone conference platforms that are also FREE:
- Skype Free Conference Calls
- No Cost Conference
- Totally Free Conference Calls
- AccuConference: VOIP Conference Call
- Instant Conference
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.