I’ve written about fun & creative USB drives and flash drives before.
Here are 2 of them:
- Humping Dog USB Thumb Drive (…Jim bought 3 of these!)
- Keychain Memory Card Reader & USB Flash Drive (…I still want one of these)
I recently found another one. It’s the USB drive made from a Lego block!
Check it out…
There are actually 2 different creative minds at work behind this one.
One is Joe, the originator of the idea (best I can tell).
The other is Dan, who was actually inspired by Joe to try his hand at making a Lego thumb drive.
They each devised a way to turn a basic thumb drive into a one-of-a-kind Lego thumb drive.
Here are their step-by-step instructions and photos:
- Joe’s Lego Flash Drive made from a 128 MB USB storage device
Dan’s Lego Jumpdrivemade from a Sandisk 256 MB Cruzer micro drive (…sorry, Dan’s site went bye bye)
Other DIY Lego Flash Drives
- Instructables Lego USB Flash Drive
- DIY Lego Block USB Drive
- Makezine USB Lego Flashdrive
- DIY Knock-Off Lego USB Drive
Similar Fun Stuff
- Official USB Lego Flash Drive
- Make Your Own Credit Card Sized SD Card Holder
- Ever Run Your Memory Card Through The Washing Machine?
- How To Get Digital Photos From Your Camera To Your Computer
- Creative Uses For Old Computers
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).