This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
I’ve written about fun & creative USB drives and flash drives before.
Here are 2 of them:
- Humping Dog USB Thumb Drive (…Jim bought 3 of these!)
- Keychain Memory Card Reader & USB Flash Drive (…I still want one of these)
I recently found another one. It’s the USB drive made from a Lego block!
Check it out…
There are actually 2 different creative minds at work behind this one.
One is Joe, the originator of the idea (best I can tell).
The other is Dan, who was actually inspired by Joe to try his hand at making a Lego thumb drive.
They each devised a way to turn a basic thumb drive into a one-of-a-kind Lego thumb drive.
Here are their step-by-step instructions and photos:
Dan’s Lego Jumpdrivemade from a Sandisk 256 MB Cruzer micro drive (…sorry, Dan’s site went bye bye)
Other DIY Lego Flash Drives
- Instructables Lego USB Flash Drive
- DIY Lego Block USB Drive
- Makezine USB Lego Flashdrive
- DIY Knock-Off Lego USB Drive
Similar Fun Stuff
- Official USB Lego Flash Drive
- Make Your Own Credit Card Sized SD Card Holder
- Ever Run Your Memory Card Through The Washing Machine?
- How To Get Digital Photos From Your Camera To Your Computer
- Creative Uses For Old Computers
I got my first computer in 1986 and immediately started writing, saving documents, and organizing my entire life on it. Thus began my love affair with gadgets and all things tech. I built my first website in 1998 in old-school HTML code — before websites were "a thing". Blogs weren't invented yet. It was the same year that Google was born. My husband and I created TheFunTimesGuide.com in 2004 — before YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, and Mashable were launched. That was the year Facebook started and 'blog' was the Word of the Year according Merriam-Webster. Ever since then, anytime a new electronic gadget hits the market… I have to have it. (My husband's impulsive nature to try out every new tech gadget invented is even worse than mine!) When I'm not trying out fun new tech gadgets, you'll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).